Hello incoming students and potential students,
- Mondays will be Tom Hart’s exercises and projects class.
- Tuesdays will be history with John Ronan
- Wednesdays will be Drawing for Cartooning with Justine Mara Andersen and occasionally Leela Corman.
- Thursdays will be Narrative Studies with Carrie Guss, semseter 1 only. Semester 2 will be History of Narrative Image with a mixture of Dan Stepp, Leela Corman and other SAW faculty.
- Fridays will be graphic novel reading/figure drawing/mixed media and studies class which will also have some guest speakers sometimes.
- For the graphic novel reading portion, we’ll be asking students in the first semester to find copies of the following graphic novels. Of course, the SAW library has them all, and most of them are also in the Alachua County Library just a few blocks from SAW:
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
- MW by Osamu Tezuka
- Chicken with Plums by Marjane Satrapi
- Ice Haven by Dan Clowes
- Hicksville by Dylan Horrocks
Probably other readings: Alec by Eddie Campbell, Something by Moebius, and short stories from various authors available in photocopy form from SAW
2013 semester will begin in January and end in May. Details to follow.
Our Single-Year Program is being modeled on the programs developed in the finest institutions for cartooning in the country.