For anyone who might be interested in our Low-Residency week happening October 15-19, 2012 at SAW in Gainesville, FL
We’re getting excitement and commitments from a number of interesting artists and hope you’ll consider it yourself or otherwise spread the word. You’ll begin if you like with online tutoring with Justine Mara Andersen and Tom Hart, then come to SAW in October to get your project the boost it needs.
We want to have a full house and a productive environment for learning and are eager to bring you all to Gainesville to gain control of your projects and further your craft.
Low -Residency Specifics:
$35/hr for our professional online critiques and personal guidance. You can choose to work with Tom Hart, Justine Mara Andersen or Leela Corman, or any combination at any time. Charges will apply to reading student work as well as active time spent critiquing, skyping, emailing, etc.
$200 for the Low-Residency week at SAW, which will be Monday October, 15 – Friday October 19, from 11-5 each day. The curriculum will consist of detailed workshopping and precise exercises designed to benefit our specific student body. Each of our three core instructors will guide at least one day’s workshop, and we will bring in other artists and influencing mentors where needed.
A goals of the week include:
• Getting to know each other and each other’s work. This includes faculty Tom Hart and Justine Mara Andersen as well. We’ll show our previous work and show the projects we are currently in the middle of.
• Sharing of goals with our particular projects.
• Critique and sharing of work-to-date
• Brief exercises to prepare next stage of work
• Lectures, exercises and instruction, mixed with ample work time
• Technical tutorials and exercises catered to the specific goals of the students
• Movie night
• Final sharing of work, goal reassessment and
The week will mostly be conducted by Tom Hart with Justine Mara Andersen and will feature at least one guest lecture/critique/ tutorial by Unterzakhn creator Leela Corman.
A rough outline of the week:
MONDAY- Intros and Project Building with Tom Hart and Justine Mara Andersen
TUESDAY – Further exploration of our projects. Lectures and exercises led by Tom Hart
WEDNESDAY – Drawing exercise and tutorials by Justine Mara Andersen. Movie night after hours.
THURSDAY – Guest lecture and exercise by Unterzakhn creator Leela Corman. Work time led by Tom Hart
FRIDAY – Work time and final critique and goal setting with Justine Mara Andersen and Tom Hart
To sign up and learn more about it,
click over HERE
or email us at SAW for more info.